Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Day Eight


Sunbursts and dividing lines.  A dead sunflower.  I was given this sunflower last year for mother's day from my oldest, she grew it from a seed.  Unfortunately a nasty summer storm snapped the stem before it grew to its full potential.  It's been laying in the grass behind the house since then.  The dividing lines aren't straight like all my other shots, but the black sunburst lines on the seeds are straight :)  And hey, not all lines in life are straight.  How boring would life be if it were all straight and perfect.

7 comments:

  1. Simply amazing to see those sunbursts, I never looked at a sunflower this way. Your viewpoint and dof make it extra interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Very nice DOF and it's so nice and sharp. I usually don't like brown photos but you've changed my mind, this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sunburst lines are fascinating. Great closeup macro. At first glance I thought it was a pineapple skin, but a sunflower is so much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first glance, I loved the photo but didn't know what it was. I really like the way it is divided into 2 parts that compliment each other - the sharp and the DOF. Great macro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really thought this was pineapple! (and was all "how did she get it in the middle winter there & how could she let it go to rot???" LMAO)

    Wonderful photo... would do well on Worth methinks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice point of view on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, now we are talking. This is great! Great texture, dof and certainly keeps us interested and looking a long time! So well done! Maggie

    ReplyDelete