Sunday, April 6, 2014

Day Six


  If I had any other choice, I wouldn't be posting this!  I just don't like it.  It doesn't make sense, it doesn't look good.  But, we all have those days where it just doesn't go as planned and you have to settle and get over it.  Brick building that had a blue and white striped awning.
  It was a beautiful day today.  We got to 54*F (12*C) today!  This morning I did some yard work, cleaning up the mess left from the insane winter.  After lunch I took the girls to the playground.  I took my camera and left it in the car with intentions of getting a shot of the structure there before leaving.  But, around here parks don't open any buildings like bathrooms or open the drinking fountains until Memorial Day (which is May 26th this year).  Memorial Day, end of May is when people open up their pools and get them ready for summer, and when parks decide it's nice enough outside to maintain open facilities.  Of course one of the girls 'had to go potty RIGHT NOW' so we left in a hurry.  Also had an unexpected guest this afternoon which took up the day.  So this is the shot you (well more like *I*) have to settle for.
  A row of 6 was my intentions for types of line shots.  So this should be it of lines on buildings.  I'll move on to 6 of lines in/on/around something else starting tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. I love the bricks but when I first looked at the photo, I wasn't sure about the stripes. I went away and when I came back, I thought it made a good comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 1st reaction was 'Oooh! - that's nice' so don't be too hard on yourself. I particularly like the contrast in the stone and fabric as well as the colours. The whole tilt of the shot is also great but perhaps it could do with some sort of border?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. eta: and now, after looking over them again, I see the border - same as all the other borders. Carry on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not bad Dd, I like composition and the angle :). Maybe it's the white-balance that bothers you? I could be wrong, as I'm currently viewing this on my laptop, but it looks like it a bit too much towards blue? That wall looks like it should be "warmer"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The awning is perfect but the bricks see a bit... mushy. I don't know how to say it. The bricks almost look like they're under water with an ever so slight ripple... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Craig, the border you see is one that was added by blogspot. I didn't put a border on this one. The others might have a thin black one, but thats all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it. The strong diagonal bisecting the image with two different colours and textures on either side works very well. And it blends into the colour scheme and look of the rest of your first set very well, so I say don't be too hard on yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it a lot, especially the stripes but I think what makes you not like it that much is the highlights on the bricks bricks.
    Part of me looks forward to the next set of lines but part of me will miss the building theme a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The materials and the colors are just so opposed to one another. It makes for an interesting pic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't mean to be the party pooper amongst all the other lovers of this, but I have to agree with you...not your best work. But, some days things just don't go they way you want, and another day you'll do something amazing, so no worries. Maggie

    ReplyDelete