Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day Five


I admit, when I decided to do a row of lines of buildings, I was worried about finding anything.  Anytime I think about buildings worth shooting, I think I need to go deeper into the city (I live on the outskirts, it's city but not citycity if you know what I mean).  I hate cities so very much so I never actually go to shoot anything.  But, down the road from me there are plenty of businesses, but really nothing huge.  And I've honestly never really paid much attention to them or really looked at them from a photography perspective.  But this has made me actually look at them while driving by.  I was going grocery shopping and had my camera with me just in case.  I saw this building that I see all the time and noticed all the lines and the windows blue, reflecting the clear blue skies from today.  I decided I'll stop on the way home (it's on the other side of a very busy main road with 6 lanes of traffic that requires michigan lefts to get to).  Since it's the weekend, nobody was there working today so I didn't have to worry about people thinking I'm nuts or being suspicious as to what I was doing.  There really is a lot of neat things all around us if we just open our eyes to see them in a new way.

10 comments:

  1. This is looking like it will be a wonderful compilation, in terms of subject and color coordination. I'm looking forward to seeing it progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so perfect! it's like I'm looking THROUGH the building!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks great! I thought I was looking up into the sails of a yacht. Interesting perspective and great diagonals. And yes, it is a great eye that can see beauty in the mundane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first thought was yacht sails too. The diagonal and the sharp blue and white really make this a great photo. I love lines and they are everywhere even in unexpected places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true! And your first real look at seemingly mundane buildings delivered a very well composed & shot image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great find Dd! Still going blue I see :) you doing great! I feel quite silly carrying around my camera too (I kind of feel like a tourist in my own hometown). Especially when I'm shooting outside the school where I work, then I tend to raise an eyebrow or two. But hey, I'm a math teacher and that means I'm entitled to be a bit weird now and again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this one is fantastic! How the building blends into the sky (I hope you understand what I mean and that I don't say something really strange here, I needed google translate to explain it..)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. The consistency of the colors and composition are great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely. It actually really reminds me of the architectural abstract style of DJL1000. If they ever do an impersonation contest of her, you must enter something very similar to this as you'd win. :-) Maggie

    ReplyDelete