Thursday, April 10, 2014

Day Ten


I spent most of today going through and saving zoo pictures.  I forgot about the challenge, until I saw morp's post on g+.  Then I was 'OH CRAP!'  It's getting dark out and starting to rain.  So I run outside to find something quick. (Atleast I remembered to charge the camera battery earlier since it was completely dead!) The back yard is lined with pine trees.  The ground between them is covered in pine needles and pine cones.  Perfect, lines on lines! And look, green grass is starting to show!

8 comments:

  1. Beautifully crisp and sharp. And your DoF makes it look like that pine cone is floating quite a good distance above all those needles. Very weird effect and I like the warm colour palette. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sharp, almost 3D or floating as Kim remarked. This is one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot for a last minute job (would be even if it wasn't last minute) the contrast between the background and subject is fantastic, and the precise dof makes it look like the pine cone is floating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. eta: Oops - I'll read other remarks first in future to reduce redundancy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great background in this shot! It complements the pine cone very well :). I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shot! Looks like the pine cone is actually floating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, this one looks like it is floating due to the DOF. How interesting is that???

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cool how it looks like it is floating. :)Maggie

    ReplyDelete