Saturday, April 12, 2014

Day Twelve


The last of the lines in nature.  What's next, I don't know yet!  Up close this looks hard and wiry, but really it's one of those tiny things that is all fluffy and soft, looks like a caterpillar.  (I don't know what to call it!)  Once I got to the computer I noticed the noise in the shot.  Then I remembered I forgot to knock down the ISO from the last I used the camera.  I went to go reshoot, but the darn thing blew away or something because I couldn't find it!  Oh well.

4 comments:

  1. It DOES look hard & pokey! Like what we call a burr. I absolutely love the lighting on this. Makes me immediately think of the line "amber waves of grain" from "America the Beautiful".

    I've had the noise issue before, especially with blues. I had that issue today with my sand dollar photo. Thankfully I have Topaz's De-Noise program! LOL It's saved my butt many a times! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely image and yes, it does look kinda spikey, but I know the kind of grass you mean. It IS very soft. Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love how that background is darker on one side and lighter on the other, it contrasts the gold very well and makes the shot interesting. Great job! I look forward to seeing what you come up with next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So strange, it almost looks like pine needles... funny how things can appear as they are not.

    ReplyDelete